public comments on the planning application
An extremely large number of public comments on the stadium application have been submitted to South Gloucestershire Council. An analysis of these comments has been prepared to provide a summary of the views of the public. Please click on the link below or download the document from the panel opposite, to view the Summary of Public Comments which demonstrates overwhelming support for the stadium proposal.
We are keen to obtain your views on our proposals. An initial consultation event was held in July and you can find copies of the exhibition boards from this event in the downloads section to the right of this page.
The feedback received from the July drop-in event has now been analysed; the main issues raised were concerns about transport, traffic and parking and how these would be managed. A further public consultation event was held on 26th and 27th of January to demonstrate how BRFC / UWE propose to address your concerns. A copy of the boards that were displayed at this event is also available via the link in the downloads section.
The stadium will be a community stadium serving the needs of the region and the community. It will be a contemporary stadium, designed to modern standards in terms of environmental impact. Careful consideration has been given to the general design of the stadium, including the height of the stadium and its landscaping to sit well with the area.
Bristol Rovers Football Club and UWE very much welcome input to the proposals from local residents, businesses and Club supporters (from both Rovers and Bristol Rugby Football Club).
Your feedback is encouraged and welcomed, since it will help us understand and respond to any concerns that you or others may have. You may find our frequently asked questions (faq) helpful in finding information.
Please leave your feedback on the proposals (for example your views, issues you want us to consider, or any ideas) by using the online form on the contact us page.
- Summary of Public Comments (pdf - 166KB) Download a pdf of the Summary of Public Comments (1st June 2012).
- Public consultation event - exhibition boards (pdf - 11.5MB) Download a pdf of the exhibition boards from the consultation event (26th-27th January 2012).
- Public consultation event - questionnaire (pdf - 255KB) Download a pdf of the questionnaire from the consultation event (26th-27th January 2012).
- Previous consultation event - exhibition boards (pdf - 4.16MB) Download a pdf of the exhibition boards from the consultation event (15th-16th July 2011).
- Previous consultation event - questionnaire (pdf - 153KB) Download a pdf of the questionnaire from the consultation event (15th-16th July 2011).
Instructions for document downloads: Please right click on the highlighted link and select 'Save Target As' to download the PDF document.